7/10/2009

Circle of Competence

Definition
Warren Buffett's belief that an investor's best
strategy is to select an area where they can know significantly more than the average investor (called their circle of competence), and focus their efforts on that area.
This content can be found on the following page:
document.write(window.location.href);

http://www.investorwords.com/861/circle_of_competence.html

I love and believe the point. Which is also one reason or motivation drives me choose and prioritize my career. In my few investment experiences, I prove the thought several times. To know your stock is sometimes similar to know your customer. You have to realize their biz model, KPI, target and limitation, and then you can make right decision right.

FMCG is a matured industry but full of possibilities and opportunities. There are sophisticated but hetrohomogeneous trade term, disciplined but flexible system. Meanwhile, the relationship between upstream and downstream is very subtle and dynamic. I am so happy to be a participant in the industry. Just amazing!
Posted by Picasa

沒有留言: