9/26/2009

[Share] Getting to Yes

Occasionally, I had breakfast with Tony in the following morning of national sales meeting party. We talked about what we read recently and shared some cool places or ways to get latest and widest information or hit books. As I ask if there is any book that he would highly recommend to me, he answered with no hesitating-- Getting to yes--.

"Getting to Yes" was wrote by Ury, William and Fisher, Roger. Ury is a negotiation expert who had wrote 3 books to talk about how to communicate with people and then make deals. Getting to yes is first one in the series and also the popular one.

For me, the most important part in the book is being open to any possibility instead of locked in my own position in order to prevent positional bargaining. To be open is key to transform positional bargaining to principle bargaining, and we can even change the game furthermore!

To have a best alternative plan is also a very inspiring idea for me. By means of that, I can always aware to my bottom line and my bargaining power then communicate to people with humble but confident attitude.

Over all speaking, this is a very useful tool book. I borrowed from library and plan to buy one as my personal collection!

沒有留言: